Saturday, January 13, 2007

Three Dimentional Design

Hello everyone. These next couple of pictures are of my 3-D. design class I took this past semester. We worked with a variety of materials, everything from metal wire to wood, plaster, paper, material and much more!


Here is one of my earlier projects, a bread/toaster. The project was to take two objects that relate and morph them into one. This is made out of clay with some oil paint over the top.
Here is my self-portrait box, we basically had to make a 'box' of any kind that took into consideration the use of the interior vs. exterior. I chose to do my self-portrait in and on a shell which I made out of wire and paper mache. I used a combination of maps from the different states I had lived in in the US(Wisconsin, Colorado and Illinois) and maps from South Africa. On the inside I have different places and words in Afrikaans that have meaning to me.

Whittling! what a great word to say and I got to do loads of it on this next project. Our assignment was to make a spoon out of a block of wood. My design is a viking ship with waves at the end/handle.

This is my plaster piece. We casted and carved away at our (very hard) piece of plaster. (It's soft for about 5-8 minutes and then it gets really hard.) We used tools ranging from files and sandpaper. This design is meant to draw the eye around, encouraging you to want to view the piece from all sides.


No comments: